Our security dog, also known as K-9 or K9 (a homophone of canine), is a dog specifically trained to assist members of law enforcement. Dogs have been used in law enforcement since.
At IPS Security as is the case with our K9 protection dogs, their mere presence of our protection dogs can discourage threatening behaviour, such as criminal and terrorist acts.
We specialise in providing professional K9 security services to ensure public safety and customer satisfaction to a broad range of clients and sectors.
Why is K9 Security Important?
When dealing with security incidents involving multiple offenders, the presence of a K9 security dogs reduces the risk to security guards. The superior senses of K9 protection dogs can be used to detect distress, identify perpetrators, and reinforce instructions given by professional security guards.
General Purpose K9 Security Patrol Dogs:
K9 security patrol dogs are responsible for guarding premises and large open spaces to secure perimeters against intruders. As part of their job, they are also trained to protect their handler, barking at intruders that they locate and apprehending them.
Our licensed guards are fully trained and have an accredited serviced vehicle and trained K9 security dogs too. At IPS Security we continuously train our dog handlers to the latest standards to ensure our service maintains its high standards. We research new ways we can improve our services through meetings with the correct professionals and customer feedback.
Our Dog Handlers Have The Following Attributes:
- Experience of caring for dogs and have an affinity with them.
- Are physically fit and strong.
- Are patient and self-confident.
- They can work a dog efficiently with minimum supervision.
- They are responsible, alert and observant.
Our clients mainly choose to utilise our K9 security services in situations where a large area of land needs to be patrolled and the full perimeter of the site needs to be checked. These areas can include.
Unoccupied land: Where intruders may have taken occupancy.
High-Crime Areas: Where the added threat of a K9 security dogs are required.
Large Sites: Where the full perimeter needs to be covered.
Features Include in Our K9 Security Services:
The two services combined sends a forceful message to criminals and trespassers that your site can not be accessed or tampered with without being caught by the dog, dog handler or the police.
Get in touch today for a free and no-obligation consultation with one of our security experts.
- Shows proof of attendance at the site (Sign in and Sign out logins).
- Shows evidence of regular patrols through NFC (Near Field Communication) tags installed around the site (small circular stickers which can be applied discreetly to ‘hot spots’ or high-risk areas that you want checked on each patrol).
- Sends incident reports instantly.
- Takes and sends photographic evidence.
- Allows the control room to check that the guards hourly patrol and check points have been completed through an online portal.
- Raises an automatic alarm in the control room for missed patrols and lone worker protection.
- Sends messages without a signal.
- Resolves lone worker issues.