As a highly trusted SA-wide security provider, IPS Security Services has been delivering comprehensive security packages to retailers since 2008.
Security should be high on the agenda for any retail business, whether you run a small boutique, department store or large supermarket. From shoplifting and stock damage to anti-social behaviour and even organised crime, the threats facing retailers are significant.
With unbeatable cross-sector knowledge and expertise, our highly trained security staff can deal with a wide range of security incidents and threats, ensuring that your staff, premises, and assets are properly protected.
For a motivated, dedicated and customer-focused security company that can deliver a rapid and effective response to security breaches choose IPS Security Services
We encourage our guards to use the ASCONE method whilst working in retail
- Non payment
We are a business of talented, driven, and passionate people who enjoy working with companies and individuals who hold the same values. We want to achieve the best possible standards. Our key standards are:
- World class service
- Clear communication
- Commercial awareness
- Healthy working strategies
- Technical expertise
- Quality procedures and management
- Skilled staff and a professional attitude
IPS Security Services has a team of dedicated retail security guards with years of experience working in the industry alongside supermarkets and big-name retailers.
Our retail security staff will act as your eyes and ears on your shop floor, giving your front of house a visual deterrent and your customers the view that your store is well protected.
If shoplifting or any other suspicious activity does occur, you can rest assured that the situation will be dealt with quickly and efficiently, ensuring minimum disruption to your customers and your retail business
We are also able to offer dual role responsibilities such as fire safety and first aid, keeping your environment safe and your stock secure.
Our clients create a challenging role for our guards, so we have trained our guards to deal with the complexities surrounding these sites. It is necessary for the guard to take a friendly approach and engage with their community but to always stay alert and vigilant to danger to safeguard the staff and customers.
To monitor the quality and integrity of our service we ensure that all our security officers:
- Are Licensed
- Are fully trained and vetted to standards
- DBS checked
- Complete Communication, Literacy & Numeracy tests
- Carry I.D Badges
- Wear full identifiable security uniforms
- Undergo a comprehensive training programme
We believe in providing excellent customer service to our clients along with best security service.
Our Security officers will
- Greet visitors to the premises in a friendly and courteous manner
- Carry out his/her duties in a professional and courteous manner
- Use moderate language, which is not defamatory or abusive, when dealing with members of the public and colleagues
A IPS Security Officer is responsible for:
- Guarding premises against unauthorised access, occupation, disorder, or damage
- Guarding property against destruction, damage, or theft
- Guarding people against assault or other injuries sustained by the unlawful conduct of others.
- Security Officers are now also considered to be a part of the wider police gamily, protecting people.
Security officers may ask people to leave a client’s property if they:
- Have no right or reason to be there.
- Break criminal law.
- Breach site rules or conditions; or
- If their behaviour becomes unacceptable.
Our Security officers act as private members of the public and have no legal or statutory right to search any person, vehicle or building without permission.
It is most important, therefore, that security officers obtain permission from a person they wish to search (beforehand). Searching someone without necessary consent could result in:
- Criminal proceedings for assault being taken against the security officer.
- Civil action (compensation) being taken out against the security officer and / or the security company; and /or
- A criminal case against a person committing a crime failing, because the search that found the evidence was illegal as consent was not obtained.
Retail store detectives
We understand that you simply don’t have the time to monitor every single customer who walks through the door. Our professional, discrete store detectives can take on that responsibility, seamlessly integrating themselves onto your store floor to be the much-needed eyes and ears of your business.
Should an incident occur, our personnel are trained to deal conflict so will manage any situation in a professional, subtle manner without drawing any unnecessary attention to your store. Our staff can liaise with the police and are even trained to take statements, carry out interviews and investigate suspicious activity.
To take your security to the next level, choose our retail store detectives to watch over your stock and staff, delivering the ultimate protection.
Guard Patrol Monitoring System
We can also utilise our unique Guard Patrol Monitoring System to ensure the guards are patrolling the highlighted potential risk areas in your store and that the security officer is constantly active in protecting your store. Our operations team will place electronic tags in the ‘hot spot’ areas and once scanned this will send a report to the control room. This data is available for you to utilise when investigating where shrinkages are occurring.